I love the beach – but my heart is really all about quiet lakes. To pass the time this winter, I’ve been clicking through listings on VRBO dreaming about summer dock sitting with a good book.
I read a variety of business-related books during the year, but when it comes to pleasure reading – I’m pretty one-dimensional. Action! Here are my favorite authors to spend time with when I’m recreating:
- Lee Child – I dig the Jack Reacher series (the movies not so much)
- Vince Flynn/Kyle Mills – the Mitch Rapp character has been around a long time and I still find him engaging. International terrorist hunter, righter of wrongs.
- Brad Taylor – similar to Mitch Rapp is his Pike Logan.
- Brad Thor – Scot Harvath is like Mitch, who is like Pike. Sometimes when I read the books from these three around the same time I get confused about what goes with which story. Which is ok with me btw.
- James Rollins – his Sigma Force series mixes action with some science.
- Daniel Silva – Art restorer Gabriel Allon is also an Israeli spy.
- Steve Berry – Cotton Malone is a good character and is a little different than the more military based action of Mitch/Harvath/Logan
- Clive Cussler – he wrote a ton of books and they can be fairly formulaic, but there are plenty of fun reads for vacations. I like the Oregon Files series the best.
How about you? What summer reads do I need to try? Tweet at us or send us a message on Facebook (@dryfins)
Dry Guy Andy