I just got back from a trip to Universal Studios in Orlando. First time visit. Let me give you some highlights/tips if you’re planning to go:
- Staying at one of their hotels was awesome. (We did the Loews Royal Pacific). Easy walk to the parks or a fun boat ride. Don’t pay to valet park at the hotel – self park and save that daily rate
- Get a reservation at the Chocolate Emporium before you head there. It’s the most popular place to eat there and it’s always booked. You can walk in and get one of their amazing shakes to go, but TBH the regular food menu was probably the best meal we had on our visit. So book a reservation and save room for the May Contain Nuts Sundae.
- The Express Pass is worth the money. We got them as part of our package and having the ability to shorten wait times allowed us to ride way more in a day.
- We loved the Popeye Raging Rapids Water Ride but that is a FULL SOAKER of a ride. Not a little damp. Save that for last ride of the day so you don’t squish your way around the park.
- I’m an ‘eh’ on butter beer but the lines for both Escape from Gringots and Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure are worth the wait (especially Hagrid).
Enjoy your time there – it’s not a relaxing vacation but sure is a blast. If you’re a Universal Studios expert, tell me what I missed on Twitter or Instagram (@dryfins).
Dry Guy Andy